Ingrown hair is annoying for everyone and everyone must have experienced the itchy, irritating and painful hairs. Ingrown hairs tend to occur when the hair curls and gets back into the skin. This then turns red and itchy.
So How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs? There are various ways in which you can prevent them.
- Exfoliate – The ingrown hair occurs when the hair follicles clog with the dead skin. The hair then starts to grow towards the If you exfoliate regularly then this will prevent the dead skin build up.
- Before you shave to soften the hair on your face by using a warm cloth which is placed on your face for at least 10 minutes. Then use a shaving gel of good quality and that which is lubricating
- Use a single blade razor for better results and to prevent the ingrown hair
- After you shave when you first see the hair grow then message the area of your beard using a warm cloth in a circular motion. This will help to loosen the hairs that are starting to get into the skin.
- Use hair removal creams that are sensitive. This is better than shaving because shaving makes the hair poke and triggers ingrown hair
- Shave in the correct direction. If you shave towards the opposite side then the hair gets cut in a sharp angle and this will make it grow back under your sin.
- Use the post-shave treatment products for soft skin and to get rid of irritations.
Ingrown hair actually looks like pimples but these are some foreign body reactions that tend to happen when something goes wrong in the hair follicle. If the hair gets cut very short then the hair makes U-turn and enters back into the skin. This makes it like a splinter. The body sees this hair as a foreign thing and thus sends the white blood cells to fight them. This causes inflammation and leads to reading and painful sensations.